Past + Upcoming Events!
Last weekend we welcomed a group of seniors from the Westwood Council on Aging along with some children through the Westwood Public Schools for a pilot Intergenerational program, From Nest to Table. Attendees visited the chickens, learned how to pet and hold them, learned about their eggs and how to collect them. Following this visit, everyone convened in the kitchen to use those eggs to make mini quiches! We used Powisset Canadian bacon and loads of Powisset veggies - tomatoes, scallions, peppers and more. We will hold a similar, public program on November 12th. Sign up here!
Our 4th Friday Farm Dinner is scheduled for Sept. 30th. Curious about the menu? Email me! email@example.com! The dinner will be catered by Heritage Truck Catering Company and we will be entertained by the Railroad House Band.
The following morning, we are honored to have Renato Poliafito from Baked in NYC in our kitchen where we will be creating pumpkin whoopie pies, carrot cake cupcakes and an apple buckle. Rentao will also be selling and signing his cookbooks. There are only a couple spots left in this class so don't wait to sign up!
Save the date for these events and programs in October!
- Oct. 5th: Hot Stuff: An Indian Cooking Class
- Oct. 16th: Sukkot Festival on the Farm
- Oct. 16th: DIY Skincare with Nourish by Coco - as seen on Chronicle!
- Oct 19th: A Celebration of the Harvest: A Sukkot Cooking Class & Meal
- Oct. 25th: Pumpkins at Powisset: A Kids Culinary Workshop
- Oct. 23rd: Powisset Farm Trail Run
- Oct. 15th, 22nd & 29th...the Powisset Cafe!