Vacation Week Recap + Upcoming Events
Last week was not only beautiful weather here but it was full of activity with April Vacation Week programs for kids. We seeded, composted, cooked, weeded, hung out with our new chickens....and all in all had a lot of fun!
What's on the Horizon? Learn how to make all natural ointment for bug bites, bug spray and deodorant on Thursday (April 28th) with Nicole Lewis at Make & Take: Bugs, Bites & Bodycare - That's The Pits. Our Mothers Day Brunch (May 8th) is sold out but there's always Springfest on Memorial Day (May 30th)! Here is the current lineup:
- Run in the Powisset Farm Trail Race (pre Springfest)
- Meet our animals including our new cattle, pigs, chickens, and visiting goats
- 125 second cake eating contest to celebrate the Trustees' 125th birthday
- Ride the "bike blender" and drink a smoothie, donated for the day by Bikes Not Bombs!
- Aeronaut Brewing Co. & Fit Vine Wine
- Food! Including Bushel + Crumb, Copper Kettle Bakery, Heritage Truck Catering Company, Stop Rover BBQ, and many more
- Tunes by the South County Rounders
- As well as a whole lineup of awesome vendors, community members, and lots of kids crafts!
News from the fields:
Pop Up Market And Plant Sale:
Saturday April 30th, 10 - 4
We are partnering with our friends at Neighborhood Farm this Saturday to host a market and plant sale. The good folks from Neighborhood Farm will have a variety of vegetable and herbs transplants for sale. We will be selling storage carrots, radishes, and parsnips from the root cellar. We will also have all of our pork products available including bacon, pork chops, and hams.
Volunteer on the farm:
Do you enjoy potatoes and onions? Help us plant our potato and onion crops this week. We have volunteer drop in hours Friday from 9 to 12 and Saturday 9 to 12. We have a big push this week to get these crops in the ground while the weather is good.