the trustees of reservations
Powisset Farm
CSA Blog
A Trustees Property

CSA Info | CSA Sign Up | Farm Stand | Connect with Us | Recipes Blog | Visit Powisset Farm


Friday, November 20, 2015

Meet Your New Farmer!!

Hello wonderful Powisset Farm Community!

I am happy to announce two awesome and wonderful things!
1. Your new farmer, Zannah Porter has started her time at Powisset Farm!
2. Our Pre-Thanksgiving farm stand is happening tomorrow, Saturday the 21st from 10am-2pm!

....introducing...Farmer Zannah!  Hooray!!!



I would like to give a very big hello to the Powisset Farm community. My name is Zannah Porter and I am the new Farm Manager at Powisset Farm. I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and tell you all a little bit about myself. I had the privilege of growing up surrounded by undeveloped land and romping through the fields and forests around Blacksburg, Virginia. My father is a botanist and helped foster a fascination with the flora and fauna that surrounded me. I attended Warren Wilson College where I studied Outdoor Leadership and spent some of my free time volunteering on the college farm. I spent several years being a farm groupie, volunteering on friend’s farms around the country. When I moved to Massachusetts seven years ago, I had the opportunity to work on a farm and actually get paid for it! I fell hard for farming and for three seasons at Land’s Sake farm in Weston. I then spent four seasons at Waltham Fields Community Farm where I have been a Farm Manager for the past two seasons.
            I am very excited to be part of the Powisset Farm community. I have already met so many amazing folks and am just awed by your love and dedication to this community. I look forward to meeting you, growing delicious vegetables for you, and celebrating this very special place with you.

Your Farm Manager

Zannah 



Don't Forget! Pre-Thanksgiving Farm Stand at Powisset tomorrow, Saturday the 21st from 10am-2pm! 

 If you are a winter CSA member, please come to the farm this Friday or Saturday for your share!  If you are not a member, but would love to fill your baskets and bellies with awesome Powisset produce, please come visit us at the farm stand!  We will have all that you need for your Thanksgiving festivities and more!
 
Hours:
Friday: 1pm-6pm
Saturday: 10am-2pm

In the share and at the stand:
potatoes,  sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips, radishes, lettuce, spinach, kale, leeks, onions, shallots, garlic, butternut squash, carrots, beets, swiss chard, lettuce mix, diakon, kohlrabi, & more!

In addition to the beautiful veggies, it will be filled lots of tasty extras including Bushel & Crumb pies, fresh organic cranberries, apples, Crescent Ridge milk and eggnog and of course, welsh cakes! Stop by and grab these wonderful extras to complete your holiday feasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment