Past + Upcoming Events at Powisset + Al Fresh Co. Job Opportunity!
Good morning everyone! I just left our Thursday Mindfulness group - we tried out a mindfulness eating session with a raisin. If anyone has ever done this, it is quite an interesting sensation! Our "homework for the week is to eat ONE mindful meal. It sounds easy, but I know it will be challenging. For anyone that is curious about meditation and would like to join us, we gather here at 7:00am on Thursdays in the Powisset classroom and I am quite impressed with the dedication of the group who come here every single week to learn how to quiet their minds. Once it gets warm out, we will be outside enjoying the beauty of the farm.
This Saturday bring 3 more classes and workshops:
- 8:00am is Flow on the Farm with Yoga with Ellen O'Hara from Core Asset Fitness.
- 10:00am is Winter Walk & Warmth led by ecologist and volunteer, Anne Innis. After our walk I will be whipping up Oatmeal Butternut Pancakes with Browned Buttered Nuts from Maria Speck's book Simply Ancient Grains. Yum!
- At 2:00pm lean how to make Welsh Cakes with Helen Coates from Copper Kettle Bakery!
And next week, we have 2 very cool events!
- On Tuesday, March 10th, Nicole Lewis is teaching Make & Take: DIY Skincare with Nourish by Coco. Learn how to make your own skincare products right in the kitchen. And, I have to admit, I am addicted to my eucalyptus facial cleansing oil!
- And on Sunday, March 13th, we are really psyched to celebrate St. Patty's Day with fiddler Claire Pettit as well as The Whyte School of Irish Step Dance who are performing at Powisset! Please make sure to register soon as space will be limited in the Powisset Kitchen/Classroom!
al FreshCo, a local-food meal kit company is looking for kitchen prep help on Tuesday mornings at the Powisset Farm Kitchen. Experience in a commercial kitchen and/or production setting is preferred, but not necessary. We do things like wash, chop and bag seasonal vegetables from the farm, and wrap them in packages with other ingredients to make meal kits. If you get psyched about getting repetitive work done well, and quickly; are looking for a fun kitchen environment where we work with local vegetables; and can pitch in with cooking sauces and other delightful things to go in the meal kits, please apply! Must be available Tuesday mornings between 7-11am. Email email@example.com with your interest, availability and experience.