the trustees of reservations
Powisset Farm
CSA Blog
A Trustees Property

CSA Info | CSA Sign Up | Farm Stand | Connect with Us | Recipes Blog | Visit Powisset Farm


Monday, October 2, 2017

Summer CSA: Week 17!

Howdy folks,

Andrew mastering the
tine weeder
Where did the summer go? I can't believe that it is October already. This has absolutely been the fastest summer I have experienced as a farmer. I took my dogs for a hike to the summit of Mt. Cardigan in New Hampshire on Sunday (time and energy for such adventures is a sure sign that the season is winding down). It was the perfect New England day with a crystal clear blue sky and a hint of orange and red in the maple leaves.
With clear skies and cool temperatures we are sure to get our first frost soon. This week we will be staging row cover next to our fields of tender fall greens. Ready to pull the covers over if the temperatures dip down into the 30's. We are also continuing our sweet potato harvest. The sweet potatoes need at least 2 weeks to for the skins to toughen and the flesh to sweeten. I expect to have them in the last two weeks of the summer share as well as in the winter share.


A nest of snapping turtles
hatched this week
 2017 WINTER SHARE SIGN-UP IS OPEN!!!
 
 
OR Bring payment to the farm stand!!! You can now register and pay for your 2017 winter share at the farm stand while you are picking up your summer share!!!

In the share this week:
Potatoes
Winter Squash
Onions
Garlic
I found this horned caterpillar
 in the beets
Spicy greens
Lettuce
Carrots
Peppers
Spinach

PYO:
Herbs
Hot peppers

Your Farmer,

Zannah

1 comment:

  1. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from Progresive Loan INC. & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. Well i'm Annie Joe by name from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, Tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (progresiveloan@yahoo.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Progresive Loan INC and be financially lifted Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565


    ReplyDelete