the trustees of reservations
Powisset Farm
CSA Blog
A Trustees Property

CSA Info | CSA Sign Up | Farm Stand | Connect with Us | Recipes Blog | Visit Powisset Farm


Thursday, December 7, 2017

Winter share 3!

Winter Share 3

We are in full on winter mode on the farm these days. The eclectic fence is down the critters are reclaiming the fields. There has been a lot of deer and coyote evidence left in the soft soil in the form of foot prints and scat. For the last winter CSA we will be pulling primarily from the root cellar. The share includes vegetables that will store well in the crisper draws of your refrigerator or in a cool dark cabinet for weeks to come.

bagging up garlic, shallots, and garlic for
the winter share



Canada geese migrating south
Next week your farmers will be busy attending the New England Vegetable and Fruit Conference in Manchester New Hampshire. Winter is a time for us to focus on professional development and the NEVF Conference draws experts from across New England and beyond. This year some of the more interesting workshops include "Results from our Carrot & Beet Variety Trials", "Managing Canada Goose, Starling, & Blackbird Damage at Farms in New England", "Laser Scarecrows: Gimmick or Solution?", and "Comparison of Reduced Tillage Strategies for Small-Scale Organic Vegetable Systems", to name a few. There is also a large trade show where we are able to view the latest developments in equipment and seed development. Something that I love about farming is that there is always more to learn and there are people working hard on their farms or running research projects at their university problem solving the issues that we all face in our effort to grow healthy delicious fruit and vegetables here in New England.

Friendly reminder the CSA and farm stand hours are:

Friday 2-6, December 8th

Saturday 10-2, December 9th

We are entering deep winter on the farm and the farm stand will be closed until further notice but keep an eye on the blog for popup farm stand events through the winter and spring.


Special guests at the farm this week:

Jordan Bros. will be here Friday from 2-6 and will continue to be here every Wednesday with their high quality fish and chowders!

Bibi's will have their delicious fresh baked breads on Saturday

In the Farm Stand:

We will be selling bulk carrots and beets in the farm stand on Friday and Saturday. In addition we are offering cases of tomato puree at a special a bulk price. We also have a limited supply of eggs!!!

In the share:
Leeks
Onions
Shallots
Garlic
Beets
Kohlrabi
Carrots
Radishes
Potatoes
Turnips
Sweet Potatoes
Butternut

Your Farmer,

Zannah

 






3 comments:

  1. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from Progresive Loan INC. & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. Well i'm Annie Joe by name from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, Tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (progresiveloan@yahoo.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Progresive Loan INC and be financially lifted Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565



    ReplyDelete
  2. LIBERATED FROM DEBT, NOW PROPERTIES OWNER WITH THE HELP OF PROSPER LOAN: prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com

    Share this to help a soul right now, Ya'll will agree with me that the rate of online scamming is increasing by the day. I'm also a victim of it as i was scammed about 25,000usd all in the quest of seeking for an home loan. I actually gave up until a government official directed me to PROSPER LOAN FIRM, Despite the fact of my plight i had to give it a try since it was coming from a top government official. All comment ya'all see online are crap, I know the pains i went through just because i was looking for a loan i had to keep on selling valuables to keep paying unforeseen fees. I and some great personality have started a movement to end online scam because people are dying everyday, losing their homes, selling their property just because they need a loan. Apart from been a beneficiary of about 295,000usd in PROSPER LOAN FIRM lending scheme , We have also made a research to see that they are the best around the globe as far as online lending is concern, They have proven their self trustworthy and reliable back to back without failing. To end people debt, financial burden and been victimized here is the details of prosper loan firm. Email: prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com OR call +1(816) 366-8769 to put an end to your financial needs now. I'm Heather Patrick from Georgia, United States. It doesn't take you anything to share this great information and good news. Email: prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com OR call +1(816) 366-8769 and celebrate financial outbreak for the rest of your life.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from Progresive Loan INC. & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. Well i'm Annie Joe by name from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, Tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (progresiveloan@yahoo.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Progresive Loan INC and be financially lifted Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565


    ReplyDelete