the trustees of reservations
Powisset Farm
CSA Blog
A Trustees Property

CSA Info | CSA Sign Up | Farm Stand | Connect with Us | Recipes Blog | Visit Powisset Farm


Monday, September 11, 2017

Summer CSA: Week 14

Howdy folks,


 
Still cleaning onions
Here we are at week 14 of the summer CSA. It is hard for me to believe that we only have six more weeks of the summer CSA left. This summer has really flown by. The maple trees along Powisset Street are turning their fiery reds and oranges. I hope that this year we will witness more spectacular fall colors then last year. Everything suffered with the drought last year and as I remember it the fall leaves were pretty dull.


Look for our cool new labels on items
in the farm stand




I don't have much to report from the farm from the last week. As my farm mentor Amanda used to say, with an emphasis on the "st", the weather has been outstanding the past few weeks. I love this time of year on the farm. Cool and dry. The days have been shortening for several months now but I am only starting to really notice it as we pack up after the CSA.  The last thing we do on those nights is take out the compost and close up the field gates. As we progress into fall we have to wonder into the inky darkness to complete those chores. I am ready for the farm to quiet down a bit. Fall encourages farmers to slow down and winter forces farmers to take a pause. We have just a few more bulk harvests to get out of the fields over the coming weeks. The sweet potatoes are up next. I think the popcorn will be ready in short order as well.

I have gotten lots of inquiries about the Winter CSA. It is happening again this year! Signups will be online this year. Our IT team is working on updating the website and the link to sign up will be coming in the next week or two.

In case you haven't had time to put up
your own tomatoes we have
Powisset grown pureed tomatoes
available in the farm statnd!
Harvest Fest!
Please join us for harvest fest this Saturday! The farm stand will be open and you will be able to pick up your share however the Pick Your Own Fields will be closed to picking on Saturday. There will be many vendors and events at harvest fest. The cost is member: 9/person, $24/family and non-member $15/person and $30/family. Follow the link to learn more:





http://www.thetrustees.org/things-to-do/greater-boston/event-33152.html?srregion=&srrelated_property=56508840&srevent_type=&dateType=srevent_start_date&srstartDate=&srendDate=&x=9&y=9

**Parking on Saturday will be in the event field on the other side of the barn from where you usually park for pickup**
**the CSA will be open on Tuesday and Thursday until 6:30 to offer more time this week to do your pick your own your share**


We had a special visitor while weeding beets on Thursday
In this weeks share:
Potatoes (red and blue)
Onions
Garlic
Lettuce
Arugula
Carrots
Peppers
Tomatoes (still holding on but really slowing down)
Cooking greens (the kale is still rebounding, please be patient with your farmers as we coax it back to health)

Your farmer,

Zannah





1 comment:

  1. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from Progresive Loan INC. & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. Well i'm Annie Joe by name from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, Tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (progresiveloan@yahoo.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Progresive Loan INC and be financially lifted Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565



    ReplyDelete