the trustees of reservations
Powisset Farm
CSA Blog
A Trustees Property

CSA Info | CSA Sign Up | Farm Stand | Connect with Us | Recipes Blog | Visit Powisset Farm


Monday, September 18, 2017

Summer CSA: Week 15

Howdy folks,

We are expecting several inches of rain over the next two days. I am anticipating that the rain will wipe out the remainder of our field tomato crop (I am keeping my fingers crossed for the cherry tomatoes). I didn't put tomatoes on the list this week for that reason. On the up side, the rain is really good for our fall lettuce, radishes, arugula, and salad mixes. It is going to be a slog out there the next few days however I am grateful that hurricane Jose is weakening and I have those whose lives have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, and Hurricane Maria which is currently building in the eastern part of he Caribbean.

Over the next few weeks I am handing the blog over each week to one of the farm apprentices. I am looking forward to hearing their perspectives of the farm and to take a little vacation from writing.

Winter Share sign-ups are officially open! There are 3 distribution; 2 in November and one in December.

1) November 3-4: pick up either Friday 2-6 or Saturday 10-2
2) November 17-18: pick up either Friday 2-6 or Saturday 10-2
3) December 8-9: pick up either Friday 2-6 or Saturday 10-2

The shares will be larger than our average summer shares and consist of broccoli, sweet potatoes arugula, shallots, lettuce, winter squash, onions, leeks, garlic, potatoes, popcorn, herbs, carrots, and more. The first share will have more leafy greens and as we progress into December you can expect mostly crops that store the longest such as roots (carrots, beets, radishes), tubers (potatoes, sweet potatoes), alliums (garlic, onions, shallots) and winter squash in the share. We will have recipes and storage guides to help you make the most of the winter bounty.

The link to sign up is:
https://secure3.convio.net/ttor/site/SPageServer?pagename=powissetfarmcsa

This weeks share:
Arugula
Bok Choi
Peppers
Beets
Carrots
Lettuce
Potatoes
Fennel
Eggplant


Your farmer,

Zannah


1 comment:

  1. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from Progresive Loan INC. & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. Well i'm Annie Joe by name from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, Tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (progresiveloan@yahoo.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Progresive Loan INC and be financially lifted Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565



    ReplyDelete