Past + Upcoming Events!
On Monday, Powisset Farm welcomed 30 students and 5 teachers from the Everett High School who are involved in a program called Future Chefs. Through this program, students are preparing for a career in the culinary arts so not only do they engage in cooking classes but they are also given networking opportunities with professionals in the culinary industry. Zannah took them on a farm tour, they got the opportunity to ask her lots of questions about farming and our practices, and then they helped her to weed the fields. It could not have been a more perfect day to be outside, connecting with nature and the farm. After their work, they enjoyed a BYO lunch and some took to the trails for a short hike.
This weekend kicks off a Saturday Series called "What's in Your CSA: Tips & Tricks for Utilizing the Veggies in Your CSA". Don't know what to do with green garlic or bok choy? Visit us in the Powisset Cooks Kitchen for some simple recipes, storing tips and other practical info. Our wonderful volunteer, Christiane Oberli, will be leading this session. And next week also brings us daily classes and events:
- Monday, June 20th is the Summer Solstice, also known as the longest day of the year, and we are kicking it off with an all levels yoga class at 6pm, led by Ellen O'Hara of Core Asset Fitness. After next week, yoga will be held on Tuesday evenings 6pm throughout the summer.
- Tuesdays at 7am is Qigong at the Farm taught by Paula Reardon-Webster.
- Tuesday, June 21st at 6:30pm is Powisset Pesto, a culinary workshop.
- Thursdays at 6:45am is Mindfulness at the Farm.
- Friday, June 24th from 6-9pm is the official start of summer with our Friday Farm Dinner catered by Captain Marden. Sign up now as registration for this event will close on Monday!
I hope to see you all at one event....or all!